[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3ds Max being shit, need help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 3ds-max-badge-400px.jpg (17 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
3ds-max-badge-400px.jpg
17 KB, 400x400
Hey guys, so this problem just started out of nowhere yesterday and I can't figure it out. Heres a set of images showing whats happening.

http://imgur.com/a/gxVND

Basically when I click on the *white part* on the reaction manager 3ds max just shits out........idfk
>>
>>503875
not gonna answer your question directly, but stay as far away as you can from the reaction manager. It's buggy and unpractical. Try setting up script/expression controllers instead.

Usually, what I do is i create a layer of animation with the poses i want via controller tracks, and make the control objects "wire" the weight of these tracks

for your jawbone, it would be:

1-select jawbone
2-open curve editor
3-setup a "euler list" controller in the rotation track of your slave object (jaw bone)
4-add a "euler xyz" controller to the available track of the controller list
5-go to the motion pannel, click on rotation
6-set the second track as "active"
7-open the jaw as far as it should
8-back in the curve editor
9-unfold the "weight" property of the "euler_list" controller
10-on the second track, add a float expression/script, whatever you're more comfortable with
11-add the "position_z" track of your control object as a variable ("z" for the exemple)
12-setup the right expression (typically "if (z<0,z*someValue,0)"). the goal is that when the control object is animated to the maximum, the value of the weight track is 100.

This might sound a little complicated, and maybe unclear (don't hesitate to ask more if you're interested and can't understand a step), but this is an extremely powerful method when you have to deal with complex facial rigs in max.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help on your actual problem though.
>>
>>504064
how, and also,
>recover
try not to work on autobacked files, there's probably something wrong with it if it crashed on the first place
>>
>>504065
>>504064
Thanks for the help guys. I managed to fix the issue...I resized the reaction manager window...that fixed it >.>.

Also
>>504064
Sounds interesting. I really enjoy setting up facial rigs. I do see a lot of limitations with the reaction manager. Do you have a link maybe to a tutorial or anything?
>>
>>504270
check out paul neal's youtube channel and get used to working with list controllers as much as you can
>>
>>504318
Wow thank you so much! This guy is amazing.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.