[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tips, Pointers, Criticize .
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: Render 2.jpg (450 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Render 2.jpg
450 KB, 1920x1080
Blender 2.75 low poly cycles. What do you think? Hit me.
>>
Pretty good. You did a pretty good job with the lighting. The only thing I could complain about is that there is very little going on in this scene. But otherwise it's pretty good
>>
Its good. As the anon said here, theres just a few things in the scene, ao it doesnt looks that omg this is amazing.

But its cool, i like this kinda of low poly art.
>>
>>503334
Given it's in the Blender tutorial "Low poly" style, I think it's uninspired tripe.
>>
>>503384
Any tips on how I might possibly make a scene like this inspiring to you let me know.
>>
>>503372
I'm working on a children book so simplicity is kind of what I'm going for. I am still trying to find a way to add more focus to the dude without taking away from the feeling of vastness. Would love any tips.
>>
>>503647
Use DoF, and remove that glare, it looks ridiculous.
>>
>>503334
i like it, but i can't tell if that blue thing is supposed to be another planet or just some sort of building
>>
>>503644
Not using a Blender tutorial that's popular mostly for being an idiotproof way to create a pseudo-nostalgic indie artstyle would be a good start. Once you're over that massive hurdle maybe you could try applying some effort? I don't know if you're up to it though.
>>
>>503693
I appreciate the help buddy. It's always nice to know someone who's overflowing with artistic knowledge and is willing to share. Let me know how you're coming with those touch ups on the Sistine Chapel, I'm sure the pope will be happy when your done.
>>
File: render9.jpg (83 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
render9.jpg
83 KB, 1920x1080
>>503652
>>
>>503770
Also, some fog could help.
https://youtu.be/qbMJ4Kts-LI
Play with the anisotropy a bit too.
>>
>>503334
how do you make the very static looking shading and the drastic shading changes from poly to poly?
never tried my hand at low poly...
>>
>>503721
You can draw focus to the guy by increasing the light and contrast on him. You should be able to see him clearly in the thumbnail.
>>
>>503783
I think this is when it comes to masses and visual balance. It depends what you are looking for, but in my opinion the guy is squeezed between these two masses, without any spotlight like you mentioned. I like that thumbnail thing, that's a clear sign.

Foreground has big mass that serves no purpose. Middle has that guy without any whites to draw an eye. Background is squeezed in the same corner, fighting from the same space and focus.
>>
File: Clipboarder.2015.12.03.png (201 KB, 1368x738) Image search: [Google]
Clipboarder.2015.12.03.png
201 KB, 1368x738
>>503781
Quick "lo-poly" tutorial:
Use flat shading and disable any subsurf modifiers.
>>
File: Planetside Poly.jpg (471 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Planetside Poly.jpg
471 KB, 1920x1080
>>503334
>>503770
Could do worse.
But this could use some work.

>I am still trying to find a way to add more focus to the dude without taking away from the feeling of vastness.

You can do this by giving the image a wider angle, pulling the camera back, and making the landscape more substantial. Think about how horizons work, and how distance and scale interact.
As for separating the guy from the rest of the scene for focus, read up on composition techniques and how the eye moves over images. Putting him in a good spot with that will help you a lot, as well as contrasting colors to make him pop out more.

If the blue thing is supposed to be another planet, MAYBE try adding some atmospheric perspective to give it that far away look, and to emphasize the scale.

You're a bit late to the party as far as the low poly trend goes, but it's quick to pick up, and is easy to concentrate on constructing how a scene looks instead of minute details.

Pic related was one of my early projects when I got into this sort of thing.
>>
>>503943
Thanks for the tips man. I'll try a wider angle. Those mountains look awesome.
>>
File: Temp $chan.png (140 KB, 1266x860) Image search: [Google]
Temp $chan.png
140 KB, 1266x860
>>503781
>>
File: LP_mountains.jpg (681 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
LP_mountains.jpg
681 KB, 1920x1080
>>503976
I'm not that guy, but if you want a tip for better looking mountains:
Get a heightmap (http://terrain.party/ is pretty good for that), use it to displace a subdivided plane and decimate the result.
Pic related is Mt Fuji duplicated, rotated and scaled a couple times.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.