[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cool 3d Modeling Tutorial For 3d Printing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault0015.jpg (45 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault0015.jpg
45 KB, 480x270
Real cool modelling tutorial for 3dsmax. Really good techniques here, and this guy's voice is like batman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_HObZeVe8Q
>>
yeah cool video, john.

but don't be so full of yourself and your voice next time
>>
>>502903
Is that really what the 3DS UI looks like now? It looks worse than Blender's.

That guys voice is annoying.
>>
>>502941
Indeed, 3DS Max's UI is even more autistic than Blender's, which is quite an accomplishment. It's not wonder Autodesk is letting it die off and focusing on Maya.
>>
>>502941
>>502942

What are you two faggotrons on about? Interface looks the same, minimize the ribbon and whatever that stuff on the left is and it looks the way it have looked since forever.
>>
>>502903
that thing grosses me out
>>
>>502946
Perhaps you suffer from trypophobia. Does this link set you off?

https://www.google.com/search?q=trypophobia&num=30&biw=1920&bih=957&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjWla3NnqvJAhXkEXIKHcHtCosQ_AUIBygB
>>
>>502949
stop it anon
>>
>>502945
>and it looks the way it have looked since forever
And the way is has looked forever is utter shit. The majority of 3DS Max users even agree on the fact it has a terrible UI, but they put up with it due to the good tools it has.
>>
>>502952
And just where have you been able to engage with 'the majority of max users' anon?

let me guess, in reality it was like your two friends Jimmy-John-Bob and Bubba-Joe-Jim who complained.
Probably after failing to manufacture a pair of hard resin ona-hole ass-sleeves for 3D printing.

> probably.
>>
>>502956
It comes from my 7 years in 3D, being highly active across most public boards/forums related to 3D, interacting with people in the industry online, as well as at studio jobs. It's fairly common everywhere you go to see people agreeing that the 3DSMax UI is bad and asking for a re-design. It's become a joke in the industry almost.

I'm sorry if you're learning 3DS Max and so you've developed a love for it that makes you lash out at any criticism of it, but don't be so blind. The UI is terribly labeled and organized.
>>
>>502963
Hovering any icon in max will give you a descriptive label for what it represents.
I'm not gonna suggest that you are brain damaged, but perhaps you are brain damaged and have issues associating icons with labels due to impared attention span.

Since you're a newbie who only been around for seven years you're probably really talking about how they've failed to integrate the graphite tools with the rest of the UI.
The ribbon is admittedly a messy eyesore. I can see people picking up max today becomming confused how the mesh tools seemingly live in two different spaces.
>>
>>502964
You really get THAT pissy if someone criticises the tool you like?
Your ego must be quite huge if that Autodesk 3DS Max can be fitted inside of it.
>>
>>502968
I know right? This link will help explain how it is being me whenever I read a post critizing something I have installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8VJgq2-Um0
>>
max UI is fine. guy sounds like nicolas cage instead of batman.
>>
File: 44413.png (148 KB, 305x626) Image search: [Google]
44413.png
148 KB, 305x626
>>502903
>>502985

Its both
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.