[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rough Modeling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_nw9oaneoZs1r9xkszo1_1280.jpg (283 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nw9oaneoZs1r9xkszo1_1280.jpg
283 KB, 1280x1280
Arca's new album cover by Jesse Kanda.

In many interviews he declared to use Cinema 4D for his artworks.

I'm pretty new to this program and all the tutorials about modeling I found are about interior design or abstract animation.
What about something to modeling materials in this rough way?
I tried to get close to this result using tool as Magnet and Iron but I see that is not the right way to do this.

Any tips?
>>
Use ZBrush instead it's better for that task.
>>
Pretty sure that was a fairly "normal" model with a displacement map applied.
>>
>>502547
Yes, I found a lot of face modeling tutorials in ZBrush but I'd prefer to focus on c4d right now :)
>>
>>502552
mmm... tell me more :)
Are you talking about displace the general shape of the body, then the horns, or about the way to "scratch" the body?
>>
>>502554

Its a normal humanoid model with different kinds of ammounts of displacement applied to it, with strange horns.
>>
>>502546
It ain't pretty.
>>
>>502558
Don't you like it, dude? :D I think it's amazing, like all his works
>>
>>502588
Its pure dogshit with no value
>>
>>502589
post a 3d artist that you like, possibly related to the technique topic of this post
>>
is very cool
>>
>>502628
>this is a board for SPORTS
>>>
>/3/
>SPORTS
????
>>
>>502629
I don't go to /sp/, but that's most likely pasta.
>>
>>502595
>>502595
Any Zbrush artist with knowledge of proportions and design.

Cinema's sculpt tools are useful for quick tweaking. But anyone seriously using those to sculpt entire models doesn't know what he's doing.

Not to mention these models looks like shite anyway but he tries to get away with it under the label of some obscure artstyle.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.