[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zbrush Model retrieval
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled-1.jpg (507 KB, 1920x794) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
507 KB, 1920x794
Hi /3/ So I made a rookie mistake the other day of not saving the TOOL in zbrush, but i saved the DOCUMENT. This means all i have is this shitty image of what once was my model, BUT - pic related you can see that when i put new geometry into the scene it interacts with the old model which i have supposedly lost. How can the model not be retrievable if zbrush is able to recognise where the old model and the new cross eachother? If anyone is able to give me a solution that actually WORKS in retrieving the model, even if its just in OBJ format, I will gift said person a game on steam.
>>
I believe that the tool should still be in the tool palette if you loaded the document and it is in the socument. If not then that's not even a model but an assortment of 3d pixels.

The pain of starting over will help encode the lesson into your mind.
>>
>>502351
i thought it would be too but it isn't. How can that assortment of pixels not be retrievable though :( They are acting as a 3D model! it just doesn't make sense to me. yes i agree, and i appreciate your input. But i still refuse to believe theres no way of retrieving that as a model
>>
>>502352
Because zbrush isn't a 3d modelling program. It is a painting program that uses pixels with 3 spatial coordinates. This is one of those weird things about zbrush that makes it different because it is different, but zbrush nerds don't like to hear it.

What's happened is the 3d model was used like a custom brush stroke in photoshop to lay pixels with location and color information. Just like you couldn't extract the brush file from a stroke in photoshop you can't extract a 3d model from a 2.5d picture.
>>
>>502353
:,( i cry. Thanks for putting it into a clearer perspective.
>>
>>502349

Yeah pixologic calls it 2.5D pixel information. It's a weird Zbrush thing. Your 3D tool.object is gone lol
>>
>>502353
>This is one of those weird things about zbrush that makes it different because it is different, but zbrush nerds don't like to hear it.
>but zbrush nerds don't like to hear it.
The fuck are you talking about? Every ZBrush fan knows this and acknowledges it. We just understand how it's not a downside. It's the main reason ZBrush can push so many more polys than other programs. And the face the zModeler brush is able to work like it does, shows it's still close enough to polys.

>>502349
Umm, have you checked your Quicksave? ZBrush has this on by default, or did you disable it like a double-scrub?

My Documents>ZBrushData>QuickSave
>>
>>502376
> but zbrush nerds don't like to hear it.

way to take the bait you faggot
>>
>>502376
yes checked quicksave, by the time i checked it had quicksaved other projects so that model was gone
>>
>>502378
kek
>>
>>502391
you didn't lose much, that lizard can be made in 5 minutes, also you'll learn more doing it again
>>
Yeah, that kind of things of ZBrush totally out of context are totally shit and a waste of time.
>>
>>502349

Th bad anatomy, that weird bumpy detail.

Good job you didn't say the tool as that is pretty bad. Lower the res next time and don't create something so shitty.
>>
>>502440
top kek as that isnt even the model i lost, its just a shitty 5 min example i had. Thanks for wasting your and my time faggota
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.