[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bought myself a pressure tablet tdoay after 2 years of mouse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1405130807666.gif (427 KB, 281x281) Image search: [Google]
1405130807666.gif
427 KB, 281x281
bought myself a pressure tablet tdoay

after 2 years of mouse and keyboard

thank lord Wacom
>>
>>501650
Does it make a big difference (presumably for sculpting)? Been thinking about buying one but I'm just a hobbyist
>>
>>501663
Yes, definitely.

>>501650
>thank lord Wacom
You'll want his ass handed to you on a silver plate when your drivers start to fuck up out of nowhere.
>>
Does anyone have any advise on when or how to buy a tablet given Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and all that crap?

I mean besides "buy it used off ebay / craigslist / steal one from the nearest school"
>>
>>501663
Honestly I can't even imagine sculpting something with only a mouse. Tablet is essential.
>>
heh.

been using an 2007 intuos for a lot of things and for a couple of years.

then I lived through a couple of hectic projects with short deadlines.

I had to switch between mouse a lot and at some point I just did it all with the mouse.

now I pull entire projects through while only using the keyboard and my mouse.
if you got a feeling for a mouse and have it set correctly fitting to your needs, it's not as bad as people say. but people around here spend more time on talking about "the best" software instead of actually doing something anyway.
>>
>>501673
Don't you find the mouse slower though? I understand that you got used to it, but it seems rather like saying "I've gotten used to finger painting with a boxing glove, now it's the only thing I use"
>>
>>501650
What tablet?
>>
>>501675
non anon. But I do everything with my mouse as well. My sensitivity is so high that I couldn't possibly mimic that with a tablet.
People in office always tell me they find my mousespeed ridiculous but they just plebs. Couldn't imagine working with tablet all day.
>>
>>501664
between the wacom, ntrig and huion tablets I've had, the wacom drivers have been the lesser evil.
>>
>>501691

hpoefully its up to your standards

intous pen and touch 13
>>
>>501663

it made everything so much easier.

Ears for example are a piece of cake.

Getting base forms are harder than mouse and keyboard, but that won't be anything to worry about once I practice more.

it genuinely feels like when I was a kid trying on my moms bras for the first time
>>
>>501650
i want to get into 3dcg in the future, but for right now im focusing on drawing. Will this back fire in the future? im really into drawing, but I think 3dcg will be useful in the future
>>
>>501650
>after 2 years of mouse and keyboard
Anon crawled for two years in a river of shit and came out a better man on the other side.
>>
>>501725
backfire in what way? The technicalities are different, but fundamentally both 3dcg and drawing train your aesthetic sensibilities and your ability to think three-dimensionally, in perspective, etc etc.

I think if I were to start from scratch, I would prefer to first become very proficient at drawing and painting before I got into 3D.

Many 3D beginners have absolutely zero sense of the artistically important things -- framing a shot & composition, using & controlling color & contrast, using perspective well, creating pleasing shapes/models, anatomy, etc etc. And the 3DCG community is way worse at helping beginners understand how important these things are than the rest of the art community -- you are encouraged here to care about what techniques to use for modelling, what software to use, ... just about anything that distracts from the truly important things.

E.g. /ic/ regularly has threads with anatomy, perspective, ... as main topics, but you barely ever see anybody talk about that kind of stuff in 3DCG communities.

That's also the reason it is commonly recommended to just draw with pencil and paper -- everything else is just another way to procrastinate and obscure the level of skill you really have right now (which is important to see both for you in order to understand how to improve and for others in order to critique you effectively.) What software you use doesn't matter, what process you use doesn't matter, ...

So if you want my recommendation, stay away from 3DCG for as long as possible until you really have the basics down. 3DCG will just distract you with an infinitude of technicalities from what's really important, and it's likely you'll give up before you get any good results.
>>
>>501725
>Will this back fire in the future?

Of course not, the better your fundamental art skills, the better you'll be at 3D.
A lot of 3D artists do 3D because they lack the skill / dexterity / whatever to do 2D, if you can actually 2D then your 3D will be that much better.

Plus you can concept in 2D which is quite nice, although really good 3d artists can quickly concept in zbrush too
>>
black lives matter
>>
>>501725
nah
concept artists can either use 3d or 2d
it don't matter
>>
>>501827
you just explained why learning 3dcg wont backfire. thanks anon, im a dick just lurking over here.

>>501850
for sure, thanks
>>
>>501650
>he doesn't realize that he could of got a Chinese equivalent that functions exactly the same for a fraction of the price.
enjoying my mvp22u. who else saved 50% of the cost of a wacom tablet by switching to something else?
>>
>>502059
I got a 9x12 intuos 3 for $125 on ebay and never looked back. Its good not being an absolute poorfag.
>>
>>502059
Got a 12x9 intuos sensor sold by moniprice for 90 dollars
>>
File: 1405133844949.jpg (185 KB, 1083x720) Image search: [Google]
1405133844949.jpg
185 KB, 1083x720
op here

u warned me about the wacom drivers, but I didn't listen.

Not even on fresh restart does the driver even launch now.

Time to install and hope for the fucking best
>>
>>502294
Are you on Windows 10? I've been hearing people having issues with Whack-cum on it.
>>
>>502296

winfroes seven

installed drivers on win 10 laptop and it never launched
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.