[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Max question: One of my meshes are way brighter than the others
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: whitemesh.jpg (31 KB, 750x438) Image search: [Google]
whitemesh.jpg
31 KB, 750x438
Max question:
One of my meshes are way brighter than the others in the Shaded viewport (pic related/no textures). If I export/import it as an fbx this fixes it but I don't wanna lose the skin data.
Anyone had this issue? How does one fix it?
>>
>>501372
Nobody uses Max you need Zbrushâ„¢ and l;earn to study Anatomy.
>inb4 somebody else says it!
>>
>>501372
You can't stop Goku when he's using Kaioh Ken.
You have to deal with the fact that he's glowing.
>>
do you have a different material assigned to the skin bits? check that.
>>
>>501414
Same material all around. Pic related is without any materials at all, the white body should be grey like the rest, but isn't for some reason.
It's fine when rendered, but still annoying to work with.
>>
>>501422
Try disabling Gamma/LUT, it often fucks up the colours.
Also, see if the entire mesh has the same material ID.
Another thought - did you do anything with vertex paint?
And as always, when in doubt - reset xform.
>>
>>501423
Also, check the object properties if there is something abnormal, like disabled received shadows.
>>
maybe it's the skin modifier
>>
>>501423
Sorry, I've been been able to monitor this thread as much as I'd like, but yeah, I have used vertex paint. Is there usually a problem with doing this that can lead to this issue?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.