[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I material this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (292 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
292 KB, 1280x720
I did this cyberpunk city in blender for a short film. I'm striving for photorealism, but I'm not sure where to go.

Please dump sci-fi textures and screenshots of material node setups. I need help here.

Am using Blender Cycles.
>>
>>
>>501189
>photorealism
>from blocks
g'luck
>>
>>501193

Gleb alexandrov did it:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R1ROxTnD3E0
>>
>>501196
>implying thats all he did was use blocks
you can clearly see in the end picture he added a bunch of geometry to the buildings.
>>
>>501202
Yeh this guy does actually have a point. In the final images he tweaked the scene with some stuff.
Still a nice and useful tutorial though, just don't be one of those retarded noobs thinking only following his steps will result in anything.
>>
>>501196
is that how they made the city for ass creed unity?
>>
>>501189
you should have textured the individual assets before you copied them around the scene.
Now youre fucked cause you have 8000 different buildings to re texture or start all over again doing the texturing first.
>>
>>501432
if he just placed around clones/duplis, he'll only have to texture each type once.
>>
Give the buildings some detail and variety first. They look like polygons imitating buildings right now, not parts of a living, breathing world.
Also, all the buildings look like they're the same height.
You've got an ok template here, but imo you're not ready to texture 'em right now.
>>
>>501189

From the thumbnail I thought this was a circuit board. You should redo it using a circuit board reference for the city layout so that you can make a statement about how the cities of the future will be little more than part of a machine
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.