[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Creating a strong shot in animation using 3d
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
hey all, I've been doodling all my life and resently got into 3d in zbrush and learning animation. But i need some clarity or direction, what programs do i need to learn to create a simple scene and polish it to look like something close to hotel Transylvania or their company ? lol thanks
>>
>>500798
Any generalised program like Blender 3dsmax or Maya etc.
>>
>>500801
right Ive been looking at Maya since its the standard, but after animating the shot do i need to use renderman or vray for the final lighting etc?? lol
>>
Blender, Maya, 3dsmax, etc + Pixar's Renderman.
>>
>>500823
is there any other programs like render man? ive heard its good but outdated and slow
>>
>>500824
Shut the fuck up and do some research you baby.
>>
>>500822

Show us what you've got so far.
>>
>>500826
All i have is a few male and female zbrush anatomy models ive created, I just want to start animating them to get in that practice if that makes sense
>>
>>500844

Do you understand topology or do you just have raw sculpts? Because if not you have a cliffside of a learning curve ahead of you. Not to mention rigging.
>>
NIGGERS TONGUE MY ANUS
>>
>>500824

You mean renderers?

Um, yeah. Hey, look, Maya comes with one, already integrated.

Look, man. At this point, you're aiming a bit too high. You've got a lot of learning ahead of you.

Either use the renderer you have or pick one at random. Stick with it while you learn. When you know enough to start looking for other options, you'll be better informed on what you need.

>>500866

Fascinating. Do they offer this service for free, or are you paying them?
>>
>>500798
Maya, learn what you need to make animation, which includes proper topology, shaders/rendering in mental ray, rigging and animation
>>
>>500798
>just started
>want to replicated a feature film
Not gonna happen
Maya is a good generalist package for what you're looking for, but I'd get a more realistic goal
>>
look into renderers. If you want yo animate, look into rigging. maya is the standard for rigging / animation. I don't do much offline rendering but arnold, renderman, vray are some of your options. keyshot is a decent contender if you just want a static beauty shot, but I dunno how well it works for rendering skin since I haven't used it myself.
>>
>>501593
most of the things you'll learn about rendering animations also apply to rendering static shots, so do that first.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.