[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hi guyse finally finished thoughts/critique very welcome
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: 1.jpg (493 KB, 1920x704) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
493 KB, 1920x704
hi guyse
finally finished
thoughts/critique very welcome
>>
oh shit man, you pulled this off nicely. What'd you use for the vines / grass generation?
The grass / paving seems a bit flat. Also a larger render / wider shot might be nice.
>>
I really like this, especially for someone like me who lives next to a busy freight track.
>>
>>500471
hey, heres high rez for ya. for vines i used grow ivy plugin for 3ds max
postimg dot org/image/i9mp89zu5/full/

>>500474
noice
>>
post wires faget
>>
>>500470
Good enough to be on the game!
What game? YOU TELL ME.
>>
This is pretty much perfection, besides:
>poles and pavement look too clean
>ladders don't work like that
>>
>>500477
oh just fuck you
>>500478
thanks, well they work actually like that. or am i missing something?
>>
>>500470
Plants look incredibly fake and plastic
Bumpmap rust looks way too flat and cheap
The blurry sunlight makes everything look like its lightbaked in Source
Ground needs some detail
>>
>>500470
This aint your work faggot.
>>
I forgot was there a concept that you had?
looks great though
>>
File: mcpsyruptank.jpg (369 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
mcpsyruptank.jpg
369 KB, 1024x683
>>500480
Yes you are. Someone went and broke all your ladders and bent them out of place.
>>
>>500470
really nice.
t/3/pots rip on each other usually , but honestly, good job OP, well done.
honestly jealous here
>>
>>500470
Amazing work, man. I'm very impressed.

>>500510
Not sure what he means, the ladders look fine to me.
>>
File: train.png (707 KB, 516x784) Image search: [Google]
train.png
707 KB, 516x784
>>500531
Blue is how it is, purple is how it should be.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (272 KB, 849x1128) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
272 KB, 849x1128
>>500557
it doesnt go like you show
>>
>>500470
pretty sweet.
might benefit from a little bit more dof.
>>
>>500557
You're a fool.
>>
>>500557
Are you genuinely autistic? it's old, it's worn, it's rusted. maybe the top is bent inwards from use and structural weakening. Or maybe the design is just different to the strict catalogue of acceptable tankers to which you adhere.
>>
>>500557
what a fucking idiot this guy
>>
>>500557 just kill yourself
>>
>>500557
>The curvature isn't a simple falloff, therefore it wouldn't be designed like that.
Lmao, did you ever stop to think that a ladder would be designed like the Blue line so that when you reach near the top, you're not trying to balance on top of the fucking bars because it has become so horizontal? It dips in lower at the top so you can retain a climbing position instead of a balancing position.
>>
>toxic
back to >>>/reddit/
>>
>>500470
>Passenger station
>Hazardous freight

It's plausible but it's distracting: it invites the viewer to ponder why instead of appreciating the image.
>>
>>500470
can someone post the drawing he based this off of?
>>
>>501468
Damn that's autistic.
Actually public train stations see a lot of heavy industrial traffic coming through.
>>
>>501468
No, literally nobody pondered that except you. So clearly it's a result of your rampant autism.
>>
File: 1406165546348.png (98 KB, 195x279) Image search: [Google]
1406165546348.png
98 KB, 195x279
>>500470

u posted this exact image 2 months ago in a WIP

congrats on LITERALLY not changing anything
>>
>>500470
The objects don't "connect", they lack that last detail pass that makes them believable. E.g. the ground is too flat, the green plants don't seem to induce any light bounces and color bleed, and so on.
Don't give up though, this has the potential to look amazing.
>>
>>501468
I pondered this - I keep getting drawn to the row of seats looking too pristine. I'm not autistic, I don't think anyway.
>>
>>502291
Fuck off LD
>>
The main thing that's bugging me is all the tankers look 100% identical, and there's no train engine to be seen
>>
>>502311
> I'm not autistic
Autism confirmed
>>
Would you mind if I fap to this?
>>
>>502366
only if you post pic
>>
>>501468
yeah, maybe. i'm not a writer or even a concept designer. my decisions may be at rookie level. however i like the fact, that my image makes someone think, not just bluntly look at the techniques i used to produce the image. ofcourse, this might not be type of artwork to be searching much idea thought or story, so i fucked it up pretty much at all levels. thanks for the comment.
>>502291
i didnt but thanks for bump
>>502310
you are very right. i like how 3d imagery connects at all places, im trying to do that everytime when i do something, but failing miserably. i wont come back to this image, wanna do something new. thanks very much for noticing!
>>502343
yeah...
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.