[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ISO Drawings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: chubby titz.jpg (74 KB, 1072x749) Image search: [Google]
chubby titz.jpg
74 KB, 1072x749
Hi /3/ Please enlighten me with some info as I am somewhat of a noob in computer graphics.

What would be the program of your choice to do isometric drawings such as pic related

I thank you in advance and I will share my work as I go forward with this
>>
Well,
This isn't really an isometric drawing. It appears to be a cad model textured to look like an old hand drawing from back in the day. So to answer your question it would be a very easy task to model those items in a cad package and display (or plot) the items in a hidden mode using hatched for the textures. Its probably what I would (and have) done if I needed an image of that style.
>>
Do you need accuracy? CAD or some shit.

Do you just want the visuals? Blender/3DSMAX/Maya can render it easily.
>>
>>500055

For the shading:

If you're using blender, search for "blender npr" or "blender freestyle."

I think Max or Maya has a plugin called "Pencil" that does similar things.

For the perspective:

For blender: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Add_Mesh/Create_IsoCam

You can get close enough to isometric by using an orthographic camera and setting it at the right angle.

Like >>500057 said though, if you need accuracy, then go with CAD. A CAD forum would be able to answer your questions.
>>
if you want to get isometric renders out of most programs, its a simple as setting up an orthographic camera at the right angle.

Rhino has a great little tool called make2d which produces a linedrawing from your model, which you can then export as a vector.
>>
File: AZU.jpg (51 KB, 928x1040) Image search: [Google]
AZU.jpg
51 KB, 928x1040
>>500145
>>500110
>>500057
>>500056

OP here. Is this 4chan?! Wow nobody was rude, this was a good day. Thank you, thank you.

I am planning to apply to masters of architecture and I am now learning these programs.

I learned to use Sketchup, InDesign and Photoshop in my bachelors study and now I am using Lynda to learn to render with Twilight and I'm gonna learn 3DSMAX.

I will be posting my progress here and hopefully answer any questions. AZU will be my pseudonym.
>>
>>500191

There are plenty of trolls and rude asshats here. Read just about any other thread on here.

You asked a simple, on-topic question and didn't give the trolls much to work with, so you got straight answers. If you actually post your work, expect a lot more shit.
>>
>>500191

I may care enough to answer your questions or critique your work.

But I couldn't give less of a shit about your "pseudonym" or your life.
>>
>>500241
ahh there it is! the butthurt looser! tell us more about what you care
>>
>>500265

Fuck off Azu, go find a hugbox.
>>
>>500191
Lazu?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.