[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help with how to access OpenCL options for faster Cycles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: OpenCL_Logo.png (4 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
OpenCL_Logo.png
4 KB, 200x200
I need help with how to access OpenCL options for faster Cycles Rendering in Blender. I got tired of bullshit of looking up in Google, and not even BlenderArtist is willing to give me straight answers.

The chip type is Intel(R) HD Graphics Family and its version is 10.18..14.4112. and I don't want to fuck up my PC.
>>
File: Clipboarder.2015.04.30-2.png (27 KB, 397x495) Image search: [Google]
Clipboarder.2015.04.30-2.png
27 KB, 397x495
>>499181
You need to add and set an environment variable "CYCLES_OPENCL_SPLIT_KERNEL_TEST" (without the quotes) to 1. FYI I tried OpenCL through Intel on my netbook and Blender crashed due to running out of memory.
>>
>>499189
Do I need to get TechPowerUp first, or is it already installed?

Where do I download/find it in web/PC?
>>
You can't do faster Cycles rendering with no dedicated GPU. That's the reason why you can't make use of that stuff.

You either need some recent Nvidia card or something by AMD but AMD support is quite buggy still.
>>
>>499199
Damn. Is there a way to make faster Cycles rendering then?

Is render engine possible for Blender? Which one is the best?
>>
>>499203

You could try optimizing your scene, render settings or potato.
>>
>>499208
I see.
Is there at least most effective tutorial for that? How does /3/ handle best rendering by optimizing scene, render settings, [spoiler] and potato[/spoiler]?
>>
>>499209

You either sacrifice graphical fidelity (lower res textures, lower polygon objects), quality (lower sample rates) or money (buy a new and better potato.)
>>
>>499210
Alright, and what do I need to buy to make it accessable? Not the PC atm.
>>
use luxrender.
>>
>>499211
If you're trying to get OpenCL to work, just get a modern and decent AMD graphics card. CUDA is where the proper and mature GPU support for Blender is at so it would be best if you get a decent Nvidia card like a GTX 980 or something.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.