[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help with blender
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.png (37 KB, 1695x764) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
37 KB, 1695x764
Very new to blender, and honestly 3d modeling in general. How would I go about making this mouth have teeth like the crappy one I drew in the pic?
>>
>>498194
enter edit mode and create loop cuts then extrude the faces of the mesh outwards until you have teeth.
>>
File: Untitled.png (45 KB, 1317x857) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
45 KB, 1317x857
>>498194
ok i got this far
>>
>>498202
what the fuck are you doing....
>>
>>498203
i dont really know thats the point.

I know what I WANT to do though
>>
>>498194
The problem is that this won't translate well into 3D at all. You could just have the basic grin shape as it is now and paint the teeth on it.
Modeling the teeth like that will most probably look horrible though.
>>
>>498205
maybe just having the lines in between the teeth be slightly sunken in??
>>
>>498194
The one you drew is what you have on the left.

The picture never put gaps between the teeth, so there you go you hit your goal.
>>
>>498194
Stop trying to fly before you can crawl; go learn the fricking basics you FRICKEN FRICK

Also try to understand that your drawing is useless trash because it isn't based on anything real; the black space in teeth is caused by shadow, caused by an absence of something for light to hit.

That's why when you use concept art it has to try to convey somewhat "real" (albeit exaggerated, in the case of a cartoon character) information.

Now go do every youtube Blender tutorial starting with that white coffee cup everyone does
>>
>>498210
>coffee cup
kek that shits too basic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO8kw0a2ZeI
>>
Meh.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.