[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
best way to memorize commands, menus and shortcut keys for maya ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: fegitsleljk.png (115 KB, 245x375) Image search: [Google]
fegitsleljk.png
115 KB, 245x375
best way to memorize commands, menus and shortcut keys for maya ?
>>
experience
>>
>>497382
the best way to memorize commands, menus and shortcuts in any software is using it.
>>
>>497382

you could also, erm, write them down?
>>
>>497382
>>497385
or better still, get one of them fancy sheets from the interwebs and print it.
>>
>>497382
> this is hard, how do i make it easier

fuck off
>>
>>497382

I dunno, by using the fucking program?
>>
>>497382
hold space

or did I just blow your fucking mind?
>>
send me some $$$ and I'll teach you
>>
>>497382
UM. I tend to find using them makes me remember them.

Its that or just look up the list of maya shortcuts if i forget one.
>>
I've got a mousepad with shortcuts on it
>>
>>497384
What this guy said. Just use the software. Try saying it aloud the key combinations when you make them.
>>
>>497382
Use them. Do something intentionally that requires repetitive use of a few shortcuts that you want to memorize. Then once you have those memorized, do something similar with a few other shortcuts. Don't do too many at a time, or you won't remember any of them. The thing you use the shortcuts for doesn't have to be an actual project you are working on. Even if what you make is a complete and utter mess that is useless for any purpose whatsoever, it doesn't matter. Its all about getting those shortcuts drilled into your mind. Think of it more as an exercise, or practice method than actually modelling.
>>
>>497382
change them
>>
File: _ae.jpg (385 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
_ae.jpg
385 KB, 1920x1080
get a wallpaper with the shortcutss
>>
You won't need to use too many with Maya since her radial menus are pretty effective. For the ones you will need, however, just find them out online and go out of your way to use them whenever you can.
>>
>>499155
this
basically only use w/e/r , shift+w/e/r , d or insert , x/c/v , b , 1/2/3/4/5/6/7

Can't think of any others that i use regularly.

If you need something, google it. eventually you will get sick of googling and remember.
Or just not be retarded and remember a handful of shortcuts.
>>
>>497382
There's a custom tool bar in Maya, start adding your most common menu commands to that to save time, otherwise start using the software and you'll remember commands easily through your keyboard.
>>
Use the commands even if it feels slower to not use them. if you're always using you'll memorize them quickly.
>>
>>497382

Maybe using maya?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.