[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where can we find up to date blender tutorials? fresh content
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: boot1_860_905.jpg (197 KB, 860x979) Image search: [Google]
boot1_860_905.jpg
197 KB, 860x979
Where can we find up to date blender tutorials? fresh content
>>
>>505967

If you want good, up to date materials for blender, you'll have to buy them. That's one of the major failings of the Blender community. Most of the good users learned blender in previous versions, and so the good Blender users have no more need of tutorials. Thus newbs are stuck using out of date tutorials for 2.5x or paying for up to date stuff.

The best place to get paid Blender tutorials, imo, is Udemy. You can get them for like $10 when they have a sale. Just check the Udemy facebook page for coupons.

If you are familiar with Maya, try
>https://www.udemy.com/3dmotive-intro-to-3d-modeling-using-blender/
If you want to learn using the Blender standard controls and hotkeys, try
>https://www.udemy.com/blender-3d-unleashed/

Good luck mate.
>>
>>505967
>Thus newbs are stuck using out of date tutorials for 2.5x

I'm not aware of game changing changes to Blender after 2.5x.

Most tutorials for a -basic- entry into it should work perfectly fine, still.
That's the main reason, why there's not a new tutorial of the same shit every time there's a new Blender version.
>>
>>505967
Those are some nice sho-
>no smoothing groups on the upper part
Uhh...
>>
>>505967

https://youtu.be/-ikpj8NW984

Ive been busy since the last video but ill be working on getting those paid content type tutorials out on the youtube channel. Mainly in that quick straight to the point format the 3 blender videos are in.
>>
>>505967
That is a very crude mesh but it it's present state it's almost like a piece of art, more so than a clean sub-div ready mesh would be.
>>
>>505967
Only way is to try and see things for yourself, not watching some tutorials.
>>
there is blendercookie, but i don't like Jonathan Williamson. there are other tutors though
>>
>>506033
This.

If you want to learn about modeling approaches like hard surface or sculpting, tutorials for just about any software will work, these kind of things are transferrable.
If you want to search for a function in Blender, just google it.
>>
>>505967
https://gumroad.com/masterxeon1001

This guy works with zbrush as well as blender. His tutorials are free but with the choice to pay for them.
>>
>>506066
>but i don't like Jonathan Williamson.

Reason being?
>>
>>505967
>it's so fucking hard to go to cgpeers.com and download all the blender tuts
>i'm a retard
>lalalallalalalallalalal give me direct links to everything
>>
>>506103
he`s is fucking aisankannattaja hähähä
>>
Some good tutorials here:

www.blenderguru.com
youtube.com/user/Blenderfan93
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.