[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I know the answer but I want to know how true it is.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 3
File: maincharactersketches_1.jpg (202 KB, 752x1000) Image search: [Google]
maincharactersketches_1.jpg
202 KB, 752x1000
I think I know the answer but I want to know how true it is.

Basically, I'm contemplating going to a gradute program of a multimedia degree or switching for something else. I have an undergraduate in multimedia and it was a web development, some audio and video and design. On the other hand, graduate program basically has subjects in some more audio and video and 3 OF THEM ARE IN 3D.

This is the key part. I am pretty sure that students just go through some theory and learn to use programs for 3D. The subjects are:

>3D modelling
>3D lighting
>3D animation

I want to know realistically. Is there even a point choosing that degree with that kind of program I mentioned? Audio/video parts are not important to me because I can easily learn that from YT. The same can be said for 3D too ofc, just like with everything else but still. The main difference from undergraduate and graduate is 3D and thus it is a key part.

Is there any worth in it? We would probably model basic objects, like chairs, telephones, houses etc. I am fully aware that with just one subject in every part of it I couldn't possibly get good, but am wondering if I could be getting a good fundamentals in this way. I'm a creative type but whatever.

Anyway, I feel like it is not very worth it, but want to know your opinions. And also, if thaf wasn't clear already, I don't have any exp with 3D nor 2D animation. I haven't drawn much either but I am not bad at it.
>>
File: 1443782741380.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1443782741380.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
>>524179
>>
File: 1455675077752.jpg (159 KB, 640x637) Image search: [Google]
1455675077752.jpg
159 KB, 640x637
>>524179
>multimedia, web dev, audio, video, 3D

Goddamn, this program is dedicated to give basic knowledge about everything without actually pushing any subject to a useable amount

Honestly, learning 3D is pretty intense and requires a LOT of side knowledge (physics, photography, optics, sheer observation (like drawing), mathematics, etc.). It takes YEARS to reach a confortable level as a professional generalist (modeling, lighting, the whole package)

If you don't give a damn about 3D, don't get started thinking you can half-ass it - you'll rage constantly, nothing will work, and you'll most likely quit. If you think you might discover a new passion or something, go for it, but do exclusively classes about that creative field, and be prepared for some real hard, interesting, work.
>>
>>524190
Yeah, it's good they didn't put a 3D in the undergraduate program.
Anyway, it's actually a 2 and a half year's worth of informatics and around a half a year's worth of everything else, so it definitely has a focus.

But god damn me if I don't constantly hear shit about that degree, I'm pretty sure now that it is not worth doing 2 more years in this. I could do software engineering instead but I'm kind of fucked anyway and will probably do another degree because I can't stand non creative fields.

>>524186
No need to bully.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.